Friday, January 21, 2011

FOCUS FRIDAY! Combating Loneliness of a Stay at Home Mom

Let's face it, being a stay at home mom can be very lonely! I consider myself a very outgoing person and have weekly play dates scheduled with my daughter but I still find many lonely times throughout my week. 
I want my daughter to be grounded and I want to spend a lot of time engaged with her, but using a vocabulary limited to 50 words to chat with her can be less than thrilling after an 8 hour day....yes...I said it!  There are times when my husband wants to stop for a beer with a friend after work and a moment of rage strikes inside me....I think, "I haven't had a break all day, why does he get to have all the fun?  Didn't he have conversations with adults all day long? What more could he want?"

It sounds silly but I would love to see what people are wearing out in the workplace and chat with random strangers about the weather or news...Don't get me wrong...I love being a stay at home mom but sometimes it's just down right lonely!

So, if you find yourself in the same boat and you really want to stay afloat (no pun intended) as a stay at home mom, make sure that you pencil in time for yourself.  The most helpful thing for me is to plan ahead and write it on the calendar (that way I tend to make sure it happens)
Here are some ideas for you..

Take a class like photography or scrap booking through an area consortium (I take Zumba and love it!)

Girls night out once a month

Coffee with a friend at a coffee shop

A daily or weekly chit chat with a friend on the phone during nap time

Do you have more ideas?? Please share!!



No comments:

Post a Comment