Monday, February 14, 2011

How Can we Show Love to our Spouse on Valentine's Day?

Valentine's day is the one day a year (aside from your anniversary) when it's important to really take the time to show your significant other how much you appreciate them. 
One of the best pieces of advice my husband and I were given when we were expecting my daughter is that we should make the marriage the core of the family (the rock) and build the family on that foundation.  I believe this to be true and I constantly remind myself to prioritize his needs as much as my daughters and my own.  It's a juggling act but the payoff is really worth it! 
I know there are times when people feel like they are in a relationship slump so they don't want to extend themselves for this special day but those are the times when it's most important.  Every couple goes through  challenging times in their relationship but if we remember to show that we still love each other is very important! 
Trista and Ryan were on Rachel Ray today (remember them from the bachelor?).  They have 2 little ones now and talked about the struggle balancing every day life with finding time for one another.  Also, they participated in the K-Y experiment which gives ideas for intimacy (not just sex!)  http://www.k-y.com/.  One idea that they mentioned (which I love!) was the idea that couples should hug each other for 30 seconds 3 times a day.  A minute and a half is something that is definitely doable for every couple!!
Show love toward your significant other today and of course don't forget the "special" gifts in the bedroom! 

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment