Thursday, April 5, 2012

Coping with Challenging Times

I am currently going through an extremely challenging time in my life.  When you are raising little ones  a challenging time can really put you over the edge.....IF you let it.  But what if you don't? What if you feel the pain, cry, talk to friends, and find the strength to overcome these enormous obstacles? 

For me, having faith is the most important tool I can use to get through challenging times.  Knowing that God has a plan for me helps me to relax a little and let go.  Also, creating a support system full of loving friends makes these times 'bareable'.  Taking care of myself by going on an anti depressant medication, working out regularly, talking to a therapist, and eating healthy also helps me to be physically able to fight the hard fight. 

We all have obstacles-some bigger and some smaller but how can we grow and learn from these challenges to be a better person and a better parent? How do you find strength during challenging times?

No comments:

Post a Comment